January 31, 2010

LiveSisterLive is living life like it never mattered more and on less!



Dear Sister,

I'm going to be living my life like it matters more than it ever has in my life for the next 11 months and invite you to take the journey with me. My life is  packed and looking forward to my new way to live.   

My first stop on my itinerary is to get my finances in order and using Michelle Singletary's  and Deborah Owens' books to navigate part of my way.  These two sisters have books that are  packed with information on how to manage your money matters.

Michelle's book is 21 Days to Prosper. I love this book and all the wisdom and advice it offers from a biblical and practical perspective.  God, I know you're listening, so please help this sister get through the spending  fast that Michelle outlines. Help me to be consistent and stay away unnecessary spending for the next 21 days.

By the way, my husband doesn't know what's ahead yet.  I surprise him tonight. I know my husband will be happy but you know he's going to look at me with skepticism. I know it will make a difference in both of our lives but truth be told he's the more frugal one.

Deborah's book, the Power of the Purse, goes hand in hand with  Michelle's as she advances me to the world of investments, retirement and other make money work for you advice. 

I confess that right now, I am looking about my home wondering what I need to order, buy or get right now before I have to put a freeze on my purse and wallet.

What matters? I can do this. I can use what I have. I think I can, I think I can...








No comments:

Post a Comment