February 3, 2010

State of Me: My Life on Less with Spend Temptations Everywhere

A penny saved is a penny earned - Benjamin Franklin

What matters?  My motto: Keep your eye on your money not those things you want and may not need.  Save every penny you can, and look at it like you've earned it.
 
Dear Sisters,
 
It's midweek of my first week and third day of living on less. I cannot tell a lie. I realize I spend money every day without even thinking. I'm not talking about big bucks either. Reasons to spend money grab me everywhere.  Seventy-five cents a day for chips. One dollar a day for water, and up to One dollar and fifty cents for gatorade.
 
Go to work; pass the vending machine, see some chips or see some chocolate. I have a reason to spend money.  Sisterfriend  stops by with a fabulous outfit, I ask one of a woman's favorite questions:  Girl, where'd you get that?  She tells me what she paid for it. I want it,  so she  being the sharing sister she is answers and tells me there's more from where her  outfit came.

I go for it. Thanks for sharing friends.  Another reason to spend money. Go home tired; open the fridge; it's empty; I don't feel like cooking, and tell myself to order a pizza.  I spend some money.  Turn on my tv and hit the remote; on comes QVC, HSN, great deals, good payment plan.  More tempting spend money moments. 
 
How about you, fighting  to live on less but your eyes see more? You  browse the net and have an OMG moment when you come across some fabulous , no phat shoes that grab you and want your wallet.  You don't check the price, but your mind can see you in those shoes and the dress to match.  You fall over at the price, but wonder if you had it would you spend it?
 
Ha!  Live on less you say? You have to fight the money temptations that come in all forms.  I wonder how many sisters would forfeit living on less for shoes as funky as these for the ticket price of $1595.00. 

Run with your  money sisters, but aren't they funky?
 
 

1 comment: