February 6, 2010

State of Your Life: Lessons from the Secret Life of the Bees

Your Time to Live - Queen Latifah in the Movie, The Secret Life of the Bees

What matters?  Making and taking time to live life and enjoy every moment you are given.

What a wonderful Saturday I had in the midst of 20 inches of so snow.  Last night I watched the quietness of the snow that embraced many of us in the northeast.  It may have held us in, but I didn't feel like a hostage.  I felt free. I felt beautiful, wonderful and happy.

God has taken a snow storm to remind me I should take more time to stop,  live and enjoy my life.

I watched The Secret Life of the Bees. Alicia Keyes plays one of three sisters who learns to take time for love.  Queen Latifah plays her sister who shares about not messing up the time we've been given to live life.  Dakota Fanning plays a child who has runaway from life, and in one part of the  movie she says to her father  "My whole life has been a hole where you left me aching."

Let's agree to take  time today to not mess up nor put holes in others lives.   Let's fill ours and others with beautiful things like sharing time together, enjoying quiet moments, and taking the ache and pain out of life's hurts.


No comments:

Post a Comment