January 22, 2010

What Are You Going to Do About It?

How many times in your life have you complained or shared that something in your life is not right or you wish it would change. Over dinner and for hours with a friend, she complained, "I'm so tired of this situation. I don't know how  much more I can take." The friend listened and then responded, "So, What are you going to do about it?"

What matters?  Stop the talking and do something about the things that are not right in our life.

Like a lot of women, I can have a lot to say to others when something's not right in my life.  I've had my share of don't know what to do or I can't do this anymore  attitudes. I have also slept my way through my troubles rather than move me out of them.

Sisters, it's okay to talk about that problem but remember most problems in  life won't change until you decide what you will do about them.

Right now, let's put some doing into action. Get a sheet of paper and find a pen.  Write down one thing that has your life in a hold pattern or that has become an emotional drama. Create your "what I'm going to do about it list." If it's about a person in your life, your doing may be about stepping away, walking away or staying  away for right now. If it's about the job, your "what I'm going to do list" may be to get a mentor, talk to HR, or look for a new job.

Whatever you are facing right now in your life,  don't stand still. Doing nothing is not an option for a situation that has you stuck in neutral.  Even a doctor will tell you a sedentary lifestyle works against you.

Get Doing, Sister, Get Doing!

1 comment:

  1. Doing is important as long as it takes us forward. However, it is important to refrain from doing just for the sake of doing because that can take us from neutral to negative. Seeking wise counsel is a good starting point to determine how to start moving. Wise counsel can come in many forms, including a research article, someone's testimony, or the loved one who will always give it to you straight!

    Find Dr. Jenn on Facebook: "The Ugly Facts With Dr. Jenn"

    ReplyDelete