January 19, 2010

Insecurity Tells Lies

What matters? How you feel about yourself.

She’s asked how she feels and responds “I feel very plastic.”

I’m sitting in front of the tv watching reality star Heidi Montag explaining why she underwent 10 rounds of plastic surgery in one day and how she feels after another round of surgery.

Feeling plastic is an understatement. I wonder how far a woman should go to change herself.  I look at the tv again and admit she’s attractive, but I still wonder why she did it and for who. I also don’t believe her list of reasons that she's serving the interviewer. She must know she is cutting out and stretching the truth as much as her skin has been stretched and cut in multiple parts of her body.

Heidi and over 12 million people, mostly women, underwent plastic surgery in 2008.  The fastest growing segment of women making their appointments at the plastic surgeon’s table are Asian women followed by African American women.

I study the host of the show, along with the eyes of the cameras. He and the cameras appear to be finding it difficult to not roam to places where the surgeon injected some body extras. I'm still wondering why and how far a woman should go to change herself.

Insecurity will lie to a woman and make it look like its helping us. It will  tell us we are not enough, what we have is not enough, and who’s in our life is not enough. It’s effects will have us chasing the wrong career, the wrong dreams, the wrong man, the wrong job, the wrong look and even the wrong kind of money. 

I've made my share of artificial additions in my lifetime: added nails, added hair, added height with high heeled shoes,  added stuff and too much stuff , added color to hide my feelings, added  a "sure I'm okay" additude when I was crying inside and more. At least one time in my life I've added age to get me in doors, but now I'm adding good for my life experiences.  Sometimes I changed because honestly it just felt good, but more often insecurity had lied to me too and was my only catalyst for change.

Security and Secure in God found it's way back to me a long time ago.  I intend to keep it around and hope it finds its rightful place in not only Heidi Montag's life but every sister's life.


http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2010/01/19/20100119montag.html

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Finding our "worth" within is the best change we can make...that change makes you radiate with beauty inside and out...

    ReplyDelete