January 23, 2010

Strengthening Our YOUNG Sisters

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. - Titus 2:3

What matters?  Teaching and reaching out to our younger sisters.

I'm very blessed. I have one biological niece and the blessing of  friends whose daughters are truly my nieces too. Recently,  I thought about all my nieces and started developing letters of encouragement to begin sending to them throughout 2010. I want to teach my nieces how to live a good life.

Each is different and all have very unique, wonderful qualities that can give them their best life.  There is so much that we as women can do to help our younger sisters and to build them up. When my youngest sister was getting married I spent time with her teaching her how to cook; she now is one fabulous cooking sister. She already had natural abilities that I knew would make her an iron chef.

Some of our sisters who are a part of the LiveSisterLive community are in college and need our strength and positive teaching. We can give them something good by sending a letter to cheer them on at final's time or during a time when school just isn't what they think it should be. They may also need a care package or a card that says someone is thinking of you. Some of our young sisters are in high school, like my God daughter, who may need a call from time to time or a way to let them know they matter too.  A first time young mother could also use our support if we have mothered children. A working young sister may need a listening ear or courage to pursue a career or business of her own. Sometimes our youngest sisters just need us to be there.

LiveSisterLive is all about helping women of every age live a life that matters and getting our life matters in order not just for ourself but each other.  What could matter most today is a young sister who needs someone to walk alongside her in life.

This coming week, do something that shows a  young sister she's worth it and she matters (because she does ).

No comments:

Post a Comment