April 11, 2010

LiveSisterLive Living With..tm Segment : An MS Diagnosis is Not Keeping Her Down


In September 2009, after almost a year of, pokes, prods, evaluations, and tests, I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS) – an unpredictable autoimmune disease that attacks the nerve-insulating myelin in your central nervous system (brain, spine, and optic nerve). No one ever wants to hear such devastating news, but I feel uniquely blessed because my diagnosis came at an early stage of my disease and at a time when many treatment options are available.

How's She Living with this Matter?

My doctors are confident that with medication, exercise, proper nutrition, and taking care of myself I will continue to have a wonderful and quality-filled life.

Thanks to the pioneering efforts of people before me that have battled MS daily for years, scientific teams around the globe working on treatments and cures, and the Multiple Sclerosis Society, I have a fighting chance. Help me give back to those that are making a successful battle against MS a reality – support me and the Pam’s Peeps Team on April 11 in Arnold, Maryland as we participate in Walk MS 2010. There are four ways you can support us:




A. Come out to Arnold and walk the 5K with us on April 11

B. Participate as a virtual walker

C. Make a financial donation and help us reach and exceed our $500 team fundraising goal

D. Continue to pray for everyone with MS

E. ANY COMBINATION OF THE ABOVE



To learn more on how you can support our team, please visit:

https://secure3.convio.net/nmss/site/TRR/Walk/MDMWalkEvents/1366927849?pg=ptype&fr_id=13105



Many thanks for your continued support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment